Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A walk to remember…


Note: Never expect my blog will contained a post full of mobile-phone quality photos! So just pardon the not-so-nice photos ya.


So, after our usual Sunday Mari-Kita-Masak session ending up with a bloated tummy, I suggested we take a walk around the neighborhood. But once we stepped out of my house, the weather was just so nice and windy and so we decided to make our walk a little further… all the way to OGDC, by foot!

Gung-Ho!

(OGDC is like… 5 – 10 minutes drive away, and roughly 20 minutes by foot from my place)

01
A happy Bobby and a cropped-out Nonnie.
(Chose to put up this photo because it’s really rare that he smiles like that)

02
Jalan Semaun, I think… with two little girls playing badminton on the road.
Bobby said this photo looks like some Japan punya neighborhood~

 

03
Reaching the town.. with Police station on the left, and a very flat round about in the middle.

 

04
Marina Cinemaaaaaaa~
I miss watching movie in this cinema, even though some people claimed they’d seen rats and cockroaches roaming around. I wonder why it’s closed down…

The movie posters posted up used to be big painted canvas and stapled onto the display board.

Nostalgic much.

05
If I’m not wrong.. the last movie I watched there was The Matrix, and.. the first, was Aladdin~ A whole new worldddddddddddddddddddddddddddd~

Ahhhhh… memories.

Now, the cinema macam haunted mansion… Sigh.

 

06
Wuh! Seria Plaza! A place I would avoid on all times when I was in my secondary school days. And even until now, I would step in the building, get what I need, and get out of it in a nick of time. I don’t know, this place just creeps me out.

07

 

08
Right in front of Soi Heng. I need so much courage to take picture under the lamp post because there’s so many cars passing by and.. lucky for me because I was with Bobby at that time. If it’s for some other (boring and scare-this-scare-that) friends, they’ll probably shoo-ed me away and said I’m embarrassing them.

 

09
Hotel coming on the way at the construction site.

 

10
*cough* spot Brunei’s slowest bank…

 

11
G20! The gateway to the oil town! Hahahha!
Never knew that the sign is taller than me.

Again, took me plenty of breathe-in-breathe-out courage to stand there and take picture one.

 

12
Getting near to OGDC!

Padang Arena Seria – another place that brings back a lot of memories.
GO RED HOUSE!

 

 

13 14
Walking to OGDC.


There was a (mini) toy fair (?) going on in OGDC and Bobby and I bought a few from there.

 

15
Hair clips and ribbons, 3 pcs for B$7.00.


Me : So cute! I wanna buy, can?
Bobby : Can… you got money meh?
Me : =S Oh pleaseeeeeeeeee *bambi eyes*

I left my wallet at home and had to puppy-eyed Bobby to buy for me. Got my favorite giraffe can!

16
4-Bobs!

 

17
Baby, your kawans escaped from the zoo!

 

18
Bobby also did some shopping.
Soldiers~

I asked him how boys play those soldiers. He said, it’s all about formation. You place here place there, then imagine all those “ping-ping-pang-pang”, one by one die, and see which team wins in the end..

dot dot dot

-____-“

Barbie doll better lah! At least can dress and undress, tie the hair, play dating dating with Ken mah.

 

19
At the playground.
I can’t even lift myself up. Die lah.

I suck in exercising. Perhaps the best one I can do is dry-swimming, shuffling mahjong tiles that is.

On our way back~

20
Stopped by to buy cendol and ice cream.
Yums!

 

 

21
You see that? Double eye-lid in the process of formation what the falala!
Hahahahhahaa.

 

23
This house has the most anemometers and wind vanes in different shapes and sizes. Airplanes, helicopters and.. I don’t know, puffer fish?



22
Oh. It started to drizzle and we rushed back home.

Wanted to stop by SL’s place but his car wasn’t there so I assumed he’s not at home. Ya, his house is that near to my place. Hahahhaa.

We talked about when was the last time we walked like that and the answer was, when we’re in Ho Chi Minh. The distance is more or less the same, just that the traffic in HCMC was really scary and the weather was way hotter. Unlike this one, jalan-jalan no rasa and happy happy.

Oh, I love my town.

No comments: