Monday, March 8, 2010

i iz can cook lasasgna

 

I’m often caught in dilemma whenever Bobby comes to Seria..

I’ll want to cook something for him and hence he can bring back the extras to his family in BSB in order to collect the “hor-sim-pu” (good daughter-in-law – in hokkien) points. And also his nods and smiles when he takes the first bite off my creation is definitely worth the sweat and work.

*cue Awwwwwwwwww*

But then, I wish he can get rid of his his now-super-obvious-not-so-little-Nonnie (referring to his tummy, if you have no idea what I’m talking about)!

Anyways, I gave in this time….

P1080934

LASAGNA!

There’s seriously nothing difficult about this dish. 
For me, the trickiest part would be making the cream sauce.

Well, I’m a super suka-hati chef who doesn’t like to follow measurements (more like lazy actually) and all I need to do each time I cook, is to read through the recipe, know the main ingredients and steps. That’s it.

(And, that’s the reason why I’m not into baking cakes, cookies or that sort of food. Because those food needs precise measurements! You know, like 3oz of xxxx, 5 teaspoons of xxxx… very mafan. I love cooking filling foods!)

 P1080936 

 

Okay, it might not look very appetizing in the above photo but, Mrs. Lim (Bobby’s mom, me nochet) said it tasted like those in Pizza Hut and I took it as a compliment!

Baby, can I take back my words that I said I’ll cook you desserts during your next visit? There’s nothing in the internet I want to cook… as you know, I’m not much of a sweet tooth.

Can I cook Curry Chicken? Or maybe some (chicken & mushroom) pies? Have to “kai-zhang” the pie-maker 48 lugged all the way back from kangaroo-land what~

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee…..

No comments: