Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sibu Trip - Part I (I hate FAX!)

Before I go any further telling you stories of my (maybe-not-so) exciting trip, must give credit to this fellow on the left.

Even though he laughed so hard at my cute Piggie wrist rest. Bugger.

(I know! We both look super SWOLLEN & UGLY in the pic)

Bobby, my sweet, caring, understanding, nice (but not so thin and handsome) boyfriend had offered to send my mum and I to Miri airport to catch the flight. Both return trips! In case you don't know, he traveled from Miri -> Seria, Seria -> Miri x 2

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Brunei custom on going to Miri custom


It was definitely not our day as that's the first time I saw so many cars queuing up. It's normal if it's at the Brunei side, but this queue is all the way from Miri side..

Can you imagine this? A queue from Miri customs to Brunei customs...
Around 3km? I think.

What's more outrageous is that, the stupid toll for bridge connecting to Miri died, or I should said 'hang/ crash' when it's our turn to pass through!

WTF?! (When I say WTF..it actually means "What The Fish" and not the other F word that you're thinking. I'm a teacher, and I have an image to take care of.. at least in public and in front of my students :p Not my friends of course)

Can you believe it? How can the "pagar" thing just hang?! Us, being the first car had to wait till all the cars behind us reversed and cut into the next toll baru can be set free.

Darn.. Hello, we had a flight to catch eh.

We set off at 10.30am... and reached Miri at 1.00pm!
This is definitely not right!

And then we meet up with SweeLeong in Parkson.

And then Bobby dropped us at Imperial to survey on mobile phones for Swee Leong. He then rushed for his class at 2.00pm.

And then we hurried to the Miri airport.

And then the lady at the counter told me the flight will be delayed for 2 hours.

And then my mum and I waited stupidly in the airport like nomads.

And then my sweet boyfriend came and spend some time with me so I wouldn't be that bored.
(Senadin to airport.. Kasian Bobby right? Yeah, he really deserves some good treats from me, and so I belanja him makan. Hahhahhahaa)

Miri airport is not like Changi airport you know. Staying there for 2 hours is really killing me. I mean, what can you do there? Shop in those souvenirs shops for straw hat or hand woven bags made by the natives?


The food outlet in Miri airport



And so, the best way to waste time is... EAT!

Can you see those Maggie Hot Bowls on the right? I know it's not really obvious. But what I want to tell you is that, they're selling those instant noodles for RM5.20!!!

RM5.20 for god's sake!

Okay, according to my groceries shopping experience, that Maggie Hot Bowl only cost around B$1.50 like that in Brunei's supermarkets.

Then we convert it into RM. (BND1 = RM2.27)

It should be RM 3.405 what! Okay lah.. plus maybe a 5% for tax and another 5% for the overhead expenses...RM 3.7455!!!

And they're selling it for RM5.20.
Don't bloody tell me the hot water cost RM1.4545 ah.


-____-" *Bloody Blood suckers*


The stupid thing is.. on their menu, they're selling Nasi Lemak for RM4.50 and Fried Mamak Noodles (which I ordered) for RM5.00.

Tell me which will you choose, Maggie hot bowl (RM5.20) - only noodles and MSG soup water or Fried Mamak Noodles (RM5) - with egg, fish cake, sausage and taugeh?

Siao one.



So, do you know how to read the time from my watch? I know a lot of my friends have problems with it lah.

And once when I wore it and entered a watch kedai in Miri, the salesgirl saw my watch and keh-kiang (act smart) said,

"Miss, your watch Esprit one ah?"

"No, brandless one. B$9.90 only."



Like they always say,
"Smart can liao. Don't act smart lah"





Inside the plane


Narrow walkway

I know it's just a Fokker 50 and I shouldn't be expecting much.. But at least, make it smell better mah. And also the windows... See for yourself lah.





In case you asked why I choose this airline when I got so much to complain about, FAX is the only choice to travel by plane in Malaysia for domestic flights in Sabah and Sarawak.

Unless I want to travel by bus..which is 7-8 hours duration.


Not-so-pretty sceneries


Wonder if it's my skills or those dirty windows



When ones has nothing better to do,


I'd seen some average looking girls (like me) who are so handal in camwhoring and literally cheated everyone thinking she's a sex goddess. (Please.. don't perasaan and simply guess that I'm pointing to some particular person)

Wonder when will I be able to do that. Perhaps my next life.




Yea... After 4 years of using my old and scratchy Nokia 7250i.. I guess it's time to move on.

I jokingly said this to Hanisah,
"Eh Dang, in these 4 years ah.. boyfriend already change 2 times, the phone pulang belum change. Cannot be right?"

That girl actually took a picture of me and my cleavage (sibeh hamsap!) playing with my new phone at the UBD canteen. But, I thinks it's too much for this blog as it is still categorized as "U".



Finally, after 55mins stuffed in that plane...


SIBU,


The Swan City


Both photos above are tembak from Googles Image search.


Kuching is the Cat city, obvious from her name. But why is Miri's mascot a sea horse and Sibu a swan?

Okay, nevermind.. I found the answers from Google liao. Here, and here.

p/s: My friends who read my blog always asked how come I can have so much to say... Now I wonder the same too, I only posted 12 pics (2 pirated) but still... it seems like a long post.

God, I'm really turning in to an old hag!

25 comments:

Ummu Ummati said...

Hahahaha. Nya, my cleavage (whatever little I have) is covered under four layers of clothing including covered by the tudong.

Your's is out there saying 'Hello Baby' MUST TAKE PIC ONE!!! Lol!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back nonnie.

Sibu my kampung mah..nyway, i have no idea wat tyme ur watch says in that pic..hehe

Nonnie King said...

Nisah : See no Evil darling, see no evil!

Nureen : Thanks dear.

Sibu's your kampong as well. Cool eh! There's a lot of people who don't even know it exist!

Hahaaha. Read the red line.

Horny Ang Moh said...

YOUR WATCH SUR COMPLICATE WAN, I HAVE BEING TWISTING MINE HEAD LEFT,RIGHT & CENTRE STILL CANNOT READ THE TIME!! I AM SUR U HAVE A GOOD TIME IN SIBU.

Anonymous said...

That shop selling maggi hot bowls is committing daylight robbery lol!

I like your watch, hehe :)

Iwan said...

Nonnie,
haha!!

Bobby so nice hor.. Sweet!! Lolz!!
Anyway, is that really an airport? i tot airport sure have some louinge for u all to rest and relax while waiting for ur flights...

And the food is so freaking expenesive for the maggi cup noodles...

Haiz,,

BTw, thats the first time i know abt the FAX airline.. hmmm.. thanks nonnie...

i very sua gu one...

So how is it? enjoy bor?

Nonnie King said...

HORNY ANGMOH : READ THE RED LINES! I GUESS THAT'S WHY I LOVE IT, I JUST LIKE WEIRDER STUFFS.

Sha : Indeed! Gila one.. It's just instant noodles what. Kan?

Iwan : Well, I guess airports in Borneo island are more shabby compare to those big international one.

But I don't think you'll ever take FAX lah, it's just too..lauyah. I wouldn't if I have a choice anyway.

War186 said...

Wow that's a cool watch Nonnie. And only $9.90. Know-it-all salesgirl lah say Esprit hahaha.

You finally got your new handphone ah. Boon has the same phone in black but I think white is a lot nicer and I guess a lot girly hee.

Old hag or not I love reading your blog lah Nonnie. Hahaha. ;P

uglyfatchick (Chicky) said...

buahaha.. My friend has a similar watch. At least your watch has lots of numbers. I hate watches with just 4 nubmers and no dots to indicate other timmings. I'll get confused one. :P

Camwhor-ing not easy one wor.. must practise practise practise one leh.. find the best angle, best lightning, best pose. and some say perfect smile. :P

Nonnie King said...

Wardah : Yeah, I love cheap and cool watches!

Even if I lost or scratch it, I won't feel that bad.

I think that's the reason why I never buy a branded one.. since I don't know how to take care of it.

Hehhee.. Bought and love that phone just for the colour actually.


Christina : Probably digital watch suits you better.

Aiyoo... I really malas to practise cam-whoring lah. Got Camwhoring for Dummies kah?

Paupau said...

yay!i'm smart!i know how to read the time!ngekngekngek..haha..

walao..maggie mee for that price ar..i rather bring my own maggie mee lah..

Fax?no heard before geh..hmm..next time see this don't take d..hehe..

AH!!you got the white model!mine is black..prefer black even though the white is nicer..haha..

p.s: my blog link change jor cuz some personal reasons..so now is http://codename-pauline.blogspot.com

sorry for the inconvenience ya..

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Nonnie! Must have found out that the best place on earth is still in your home sweet home right? Anyway kudos to Bobby your sweetheart for being your bodyguard during the flight! He's just so sweet! Haha!

This is the first time I heard a toll booth will crash / hang / get stuck / wadever. Pretty weird, and troublesome since it must have made you worried being unable to catch the flight.

Anyway I'm one of the numerous magnets of earth for delayed flights because like out of the 10 flights I'm catching there will be at least 6 being delayed... travel advice? Never travel by flight with me XD

Airport shops are all bloodsucks since they either prey on innocent toursists who are unaware of the local pricing standards or hungry people who are catching delayed flights like our poor Nonnie! Thumbs down to these shops. Anyway it's probably their only strategy to stay alive in the airport since the rent there can get pretty high (due to high passenger traffic).

Budget airlines are like that. Haiz. Poor onboard service, lousy and non-complementary food, small and shaky seats, shaky plane ride, stuffy atmosphere, unresponsive flight attendants, drity toilet, soiled windows, smelly headrests, all-crumpled-up magazines (sometimes you don't even get one!)... and the list of another thousand annoyance about budget airline goes on.

Thanks for sharing the really nice photos you've taken! What a lovely city!

Jason said...

Bobby teaches in Curtin, Miri? you said class, you said Senadin. That's the only college i know there.

i also know how to read your watch. it's just that the line doesn't move. the numbers move. pretty convenient though. although taking it as a make shift stop watch would be hard.

n i have one last thing to say.

the things guys have to do. sigh... haha. girls get it all, guys give it all, at least in your case. =p

Nonnie King said...

Pauline : Yeah! Pauline very pandai oh.

Hhahaa. I don't think much people will have the chance to take FAX anyway.

I like white, even though I know I'll dirty it pretty fast..

No problem lah, just let me know if I can re-link you yah.

Nonnie King said...

Teddy : A loh, even if I don't have the nicest house, I still miss it the most. =)

Erm.. Now haven't kahwin yet, the boyfriend will do anything for the girl one. Once kahwin tabalik liao lor.

LOL! Magnets of delayed flights. Next time see you must siam then?

Sibu, lovely city? You gotta see it for yourself then judge..

Nonnie King said...

Jason : He teaches? I wish! He's still a student doing his final years in Curtin dear.

(If he work liao, I think we can kahwin liao lor.. Shoot..Said it too loud in public liao. Too depserate!)

Steady, only Pauline and you know how to read I guess.



Guys only sacrifice a little when they're dating. Girls will do most work later after marriage!
- House chores, pregnancy and giving birth, cooking, and make the husband happy.. If you get me.

Anonymous said...

wah, its been awhile since i last went inside a fokker plane..

Merv Kwok said...

FAX? Never ever sat on that before :P But then again, if I were to go Sibu, I'd drive hahaha

Nonnie King said...

Rebbe : You lucky.

Merv : Cannot lah. Only me and my mum.. Two ladies very dangerous to drive such long journey..
Plsu, I sayang my car. Petrol is expensive in M'sia lagi.

uglyfatchick (Chicky) said...

I can't use digital watch, cause so many buttons to press! got light button ah, got duno what timming button ah.. eek.. scary...

Tina D said...

Nice watch! I can never sport one because it strangles my wrist, no matter what. I do have a charm bracelet watch thingy.

P.S.: Welcome back! :D

Anonymous said...

thinking of getting that phone myself... maybe when i get my bonus in july...

Nonnie King said...

Christina : Hhahaha! Love your reasons,"So many buttons to press"

Tina : Your wrist felt suffocated?

Lizzie : I was suppose to wait till my bonus.. But I couldnt wait anymore.. =p

HongFunXuanJia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HongFunXuanJia said...

yeah FAX sucks... d encounterment i had was damn worst man... rooster inside the plane... yeah i heard the rooster "cockooo" n imagine the smell... no air con during boarding once start baru ada n it's like hot air... seating arrangement during checkin is useless as ppl still sit on ur seat... i was carrying infant leh was given the front seat but then ended up sitting right at the end n there's where i can clearly hear the cockooo errr... tat was my flight from MIRI to SIBU... we did not encounter delayed flight like u but then... imagine those sweat smell yeah flight is full tat's why... n like u said wat to do only flight we hv no other choice unless going there by car or bus... i think if i would to compare bus wif FAX, the bus services is far better... haha cold aircon... big space... u can even lower down the seat till like u r sleeping on a bed... only disadvantage is it's long... i took bus twice it's nice though i dont feel so bouncy n i was sleeping almost half of the journey coz i took d night bus hiak2