Monday, January 15, 2007

If love is measurable


Man: I love you.

Woman : How much?
Man: Huh?
Woman: Tell me how much money you're willing to give me.
Man: .... (Couldn't answer)

Normally men give a lot different (illogical) answers each time a woman asked depending on the time and location,

Man: *Stretch his hands* From my left hand, go round the earth till it reaches my right hand.

So, does that mean the man loves the woman 40,076,594kilometers (the diameter of planet Earth)?

Man: I love you forever.

And, how long is forever? Until the next gorgeous and slutty b*tch appears? Or until the day the woman no longer looks attractive to man?

* * *

Man: I love you so much that I'm willing to die for you.

Seriously, I HATE THIS ANSWER! I had warned all my boyfriends never ever answer like that because I'm so not touched by it, in fact... It make me sibeh dulan and worried what if the relationship didn't work out. (Applies to suicidal only. )

Bloody hell selfish man, is there nothing worth living in life?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We can measure almost everything in this world, weight, size, time, temperature and even computer storage.

Millimeters, centimeters, meters, kilometers....
Milliseconds, seconds, minute, hours, day, week, months, year, decade, century...
Kilobyte (KB), Megabyte (MB), Gigabyte (GB), Terabyte (TB), Petabyte (PB)

And the list goes on and on.

But why not love?
Ever thought why is there no measurement units for Love?

If Love can be measured and calculated, how would it be?
Millilove, Centiliove, Kilolove, Megalove, Gigalove?

But would it be good if love can be measure?
Probably not.


Imagine the number of times a couple would quarrel over the "quantity" they love. It will be so un-romantic to have conversation like,

"Eh, I realized you love me less leh. You better do something about it or our love bank will go bankrupt and eventually break up."

or,

"Our love account not balance this month, where did you spend your love on?"

or,

"Last time when we paktoh, you loved me 649Gigalove one. After married, you kana virus and now only left 236 Megalove.... Boo hooohoooo. You don't love me anymore..."

Wah lao eh, really will gila if have to keep track of "love account".

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


But "love measurement" can be good too if the relationship is not longer worth to keep.

It's easier to tell when love is fading.

It alerts the couple that their love is endanger.

So, it's either you do something and patch things up, or say goodbye. Black or white. Leaving no (stupid) excuses to forgive.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I told fat guy that I'd drawn a lady holding a signboard with the word "FREE" on it and asked if he had to choose between free love and free sex, which one he want?


The answer is for me to know only. Hehhehee.

This post is really random. No hidden meaning or anything. I'm just typing whatever that comes to my mind so maybe it sounds a little...... irrelevant.

p/s: The second and last picture in this entry are (hand) drawn by yours truly and the other two with the use of Microsoft Word. Please don't "hiam", I'm not an artist.

Well, all original leh~


16 comments:

lunaticgal said...

i like the 2nd pic the girl holding the FREE stick one :) its nice!

and if love can measure,
all couple fighting and war d.

Anonymous said...

Love the drawingz..nice...:)

Love account?? Love bank?? Can we spend on it?? I l0ovee shopping...haha...

Atul said...

I like the drawing with the see-saw one. Cuteee.

Hmm.. Measurable love? Many will be hurt I think..

Anonymous said...

If love is measured, it would be material. Just like almost everything in this world.

That's as deep as I get, hahaha.

Paupau said...

if love is measurable,then there would not have love in this world lor..you can use money to buy love since it's already a material like what tina said..then there's no more real love in this world..hmm..

p.s : some guys still say this "我爱你就像海底那么深" kuk leh..that makes me feel really ridiculuos..=="

Anonymous said...

Guys are famous for their choice of words, which sounds so fake when they express their love to their female counterparts. I think girls would prefer guys to do something more practical instead of ranting non-stop how he loved her right? If I'm wrong, forgive me since I'm a guy afterall XD

OMG you draw those photos with microsoft word using a mouse? I can't! haha! I have really lousy eye-hand coordination =) great effort!

Iwan said...

love the pic!!! hahaha!!

Yeah lor, i also dun believe in forever love..

I ask you, which is longer? Forever or always?

Hahaha!!!

Nonnie King said...

Everyone, Thanks for the compliment on my drawings~ Make me very happy leh.


Lu Nee :True, if Love can be measured, die everyone.

World War III

* * *

Nureen : Love shopping? Sounds like buying some "protective rubber" eh~

* * *

Atul : Ya.... I guess it more to cons than pros.

Nonnie King said...

Tina : Really deep eh, but very true.

* * *

Sha : So, does that means that we can never ask,

"How much you love me?"

* * *

Pauline : "我爱你就像海底那么深" <- If me, I'll reply..
"How many meter then? You say lah.. High tide or low tide?"

Nonnie King said...

Teddy : I agree with what you say about the part "Girls would prefer guys to do something more practical...."

No lah, I drew them on a piece of paper, use my digicam took picture of it (since I don't have a scanner), and later use Photoshop to modify a bit.


* * *

Iwan : Thanks Iwan.

Your Question: forever or Always, which one is longer.

My answer: FOREVER, it has 7 letters, 1 letter more than ALWAYS.

(Lame I know)

Merv Kwok said...

Hehe I once said, "I love you enough to let you have some of my bak chor mee. Happy or not?" LoL

Nonnie King said...

Merv : Some of Bak Chor Mee only? How generous of you.

War186 said...

Thank God love is immeasurable lah. :) But then I always tell Boon that I think I love him more. Just to piss him off a bit. Hehe. Anyway, cute drawings lah, Nonnie. :)

IngSiang said...

问世间情为何物,直叫人生死相许。

哎,爱。

Nonnie King said...

Wardah : Hahahhaa. You say that just to piss off Boon. Cali lah you.

* * *

IngSiang : Wah lao, so young say till like that. Don't sound so hopeless leh~

uglyfatchick (Chicky) said...

hmm.. actually does it matter if one love the other more?