Thursday, January 18, 2007

The evolution of my passwords

The first 'thing' ever I did with internet connection was registering a "Hotmail" account, and that happened in year..... January 2000 (I guess?)

Back then, I didn't had a PC. But most of my (wealthier) classmates had. They talked about "email", "IRC" and "ICQ". And I always wonder how the hell they communicated with each other while facing the icy cold monitor!

The only time I remembered I "touched" a computer is when we all went to Swee Leong place, the rest played Monopoly and I played "Pokemon" (I forgot which colour version already. HEY, IT'S ADDICTIVE!) in his PC. That's the first time I stayed in front of a PC for more than 2 hours.

And my first password to my hotmail account, HA-HA, the combination of the stupid idiot who dumped me for no reason my first boyfriend's name and mine.

Lame I know. But, I think everyone does that.

I mean, I bet most of your password consists of numbers or alphabets that means something to you and your lover (or maybe your pet, at least).

And every time I punched my password from the keyboard, I secretly smiled and thought it was so sweet (of me) and hopelessly romantic.

Aiyooooo.... I was only 17 bah!

(Slaps hand on forehead)

Till the day we "officially" say bye, I changed my password because it hurt every time I typed his name and the stupid password seems mocking at my stupidity.

Change to what? I also can't remember. Perhaps my IC number or phone number kua?

Then..... there comes my second boyfriend. Again, retardation lied beneath my cells strike and we "sweetly" changed both "our" passwords into a similar one with our birth date combination.

Oh-so-sweet-lah, he would help me to check my mail and I'll logged into his MSN (to spy?).

(At this current moment, I rolled my eyes, looked away, sighed, and dissed my old self! Wah lao eh, King Siaw Chin....something wrong with you is it?)

The password-changing cycle repeats for several times until the day Bobby and I get together.

Currently, I only have ONE 'general' password accessing to all my ojipala-rojak accounts like blogger, friendster, gmail, sitemeter, yadda yadda yadda.

Except for hotmail account, that's the only account having a different password, due to some personal reason which I'm not willing to share.

I don't know for (most of) you, but... Do you agree that password sharing between couples is an act of trust?

For most of the people I know, they share passwords with their lovers and I'm one of them. It's like a sign of.... "confirmation" and "commitment", I thought.

I have nothing to hide, I'm not doing anything fishy behind his back and I trust him (that he will not do anything stupid with my account)

And he should do the same to me too. To prove that he's innocent and show me that he got nothing to hide too. (I think I heard someone saying "Demanding eh this girl." Hahhahahhahaa)

But once break up, *ta da* everything changes, I mean all the passwords lah.

The possible reasons of those who continue in using the old password that belongs to "both of them" may be:

- he/she still loves him/her and this shows loyalty. (Personal advice, Move on lah dear)
- he/she is a complete idiot! (Haven't you heard of the word "sabotage"?!)

Heard this somewhere,

一對情侶若分手后还能當朋友,那么只有2个可能:
当初只是玩玩而已,没付出彼此最真的感情。
或者:其中之一還在默默的付出无怨无悔。

Meaning,

There's only 2 possibilities when a couple could remain as friends after breaking up:
- they're only playing around during the relationship, not taking it seriously
or, one of them still secretly sacrifice for the other party.

(I can't seem to find a proper word for 付出here)

Anyway, I do have friends who changed their passwords frequently into something like, "Idunno" "newpassword", "dontellyou", "adaler". Erm... creative/stupiak/lame?

A: Hey, what's your password?
B: Adaler.
A: Cheh, got "gold" meh. Don't tell don't tell lah!
B: What the fish. I already told you "adaler".
A: Whatever.
B: My password is A-D-A-L-E-R! You moron!

It's funny. The evolution of my password(s) kind of reflect my history telling what kind of person I was/am. And I certainly wish that I don't have to change it anymore.

And, what's yours?

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, i only have 1 password to access all of my accounts..n i never share my password with my bf.. neither my ex bf(s) ahaha...n i dun use my ic, bdate or whatever related to me for my password..that's why my current bf cannot guess...hehehe..

Merv Kwok said...

I'm still using the same password I've used since my first email account. But that's only because I have a lousy memory hahah

Anonymous said...

I have the same password for almost everything I do online, that needs passwords. lol.

And oh, your mention of IRC and ICQ - brings back tonnes of memories! :)

IngSiang said...

My first password? Let's see, forgot eh? The only time I use my ex's name as password is the time I need to give the a/c(neopet!) to someone, and I can't come out with something, so I out I love XXX and give my friend, lol. They all know I love her, so yea, whatever, it's just something suddenly pop out of my mind when I changed my pass.

I agree with the 'confirmation' thing, ahha, I was actually hoping to exchange with my ex, LoL, but didnt, blehz.

After break up, susah jadi kawan ah, hahaahaha, really. @_@ Every time get a bit close, start to think this and that, lol!

btw, my fren used to use "password" as password, or ******* (the password = ***.)

uglyfatchick (Chicky) said...

hahas.. I have 3 different passwords for all my stuffs and I try not to change them, since I have poor memory. I used to write down some of my passwords but then I lost the book. So now I normally use that 2-3 password so I'll just try 3 passwords, any of them should work. :P

Anonymous said...

i havent changed mine since........ 1998? use it for ALL my accounts. hehehe, no one has ever guessed it right either. never gave it to anyone. the boipren never asked me, and i never ask his but im sure he'll give if I ask (plus it's prolly very predictable such as his birthday anyway-this awang very predictable one). but so lazy lah to spy spy. his inbox so many SPAM!

Amorevietato said...

Tips for hackers: play around with her name and bobby's to get her passwords.

BaBy JeE said...

WAh lau eh... I think my world is too small. I tot Im the only one who did what you did...

anyway,worst if the ex din change password. ahhaha still can go in and disturb. Send emails to ugly girls and so on...

Jason said...

i think i had my account since 1997, i think. when i first had my comp. My password has not changed since then for hotmail.

but then again, i do use similar passwords for quite a few accounts.

what happens sometimes is that i write down all my passwords. but i'm ready to ignore plenty of accounts, so, that's it. haha.

but i don't think i'll share my password with my gf. it's about privacy, although i have nothing important. it's important to give space to each other i think.
[but u're tokkin to a person with no actual exp]

n well, yes sabotage is a factor.

Iwan said...

Hahahaha!!!

I tink its subjective on sharing your password with ur lover.. Rite?

To me, i wont share it with my gf.. I tink its personal.. Even tho i got nothing to hide lah but still i prefer not to disclose my password to anyone..

Rite now, i used one password to access all, form bank accounts lah, friendster lah, email lah etc...

But scary lei, once they know my password they can access almost anything.. Aaarghhh!!

Hahaha!!

Nevertheless, i loved this post too!!!

Nonnie King said...

Nureen : Steady, I can't think of anything so random for my password. I sucks.

* * *

Merv : Same same. One password access to all.

* * *

Sha : Once in awhile when I got nothing to do, I do go into Mirc to kacau, pretending to be someone I'm not.

Nonnie King said...

Ing Siang : OMG! Neopets! I think mine is dying anyway...

I bet your girlfriend felt very sweet when you had your password "I love xxx". But sayang, some times things just don't work the way we want.

After break up, susah jadi kawan ah, hahaahaha, really. @_@ Every time get a bit close, start to think this and that, lol! <- Who's the one thinking this and that?

Hahhahaa. Your friend is not afraid kana hacked kah?

* * *

Christina : 3? For the moment, you win "The person who has the most passwords" in my comment box. Everyone only has one.

* * *

Maurina : SO cute calling your boipren Awang. Same la, Bobby's mailbox so many spam and he can tahan leaving it flooding one. That's why once in awhile I'll be the "mailbox-amah" cleaning his mailbox, deleting all the spam mails.

Nonnie King said...

WangEe : *RUN TO YOU AND COVER YOUR MOUTH DON'T LET YOU TALK!*

* * *

Jee : Apparently, there's only you and me who's doing this "password-changing" cycle. The rest like so cool one.

And... someone should really title you as Sabo Queen

* * *

Jason : 1997? Man, how old were you back then? You're only in... in..... Primary 6 I guess???!!!

You wrote down your passwords? Later your sis kacau you logged in baru you know.

* * *

Iwan : Mm huh. Share or no share doesn't matter also. As long as the person can be trusted lah. I logged in to Bobby's account to be his "Hotmail Amah" anyway. That guy loves to pile spam mails and forward junk mails. And I love to delete them in one go, it feels... very satisfying like I'd dome something great. Hahhaaa.

You even have the same password for bank account, that's a bit dangerous liao lor. All my ATM cards have different passwords and I feel safe by that. At least if my wallet kana rompak, won't untung the burglar mah.

Thanks for telling me you love this post.

=^_^=

IngSiang said...

No one will try to key in ***** as the passweord unless he's a noob, and he type that, and he got into my fren's a/c, lol.

I am the one thinking too much, way too much, and it's always me...=(

IngSiang said...

Btw, I remember that I found a paper with all passwords of Jason years ago, haha.

And erm, use gmail, SPAM-free, quite la. Hotmail sucks. @_@

Anonymous said...

My first password is my name. I was so dumb 5 years ago!

My second password is my IC. I got a little smarter, but not to brilliant.

My third password is a little funky, but I got it from a book talking about password security. It says that many passwords are case senstive, and we can think of a catch phrase like "the king saves the queen at the tower 25". Taking all the initials, we have "tKstQ@tT25" or something. That was a example in the book and I used it! OMGOMGOMG. I was so dumb.

My latest password. A combination of everything above XD Not really completely adding all the passwords together, but at least each part of my password can be represented as my name, IC and that funky catch phrase. Is that a big hint? Ooops.

But here is the dumbest thing which I plan not to do anything about it. I use my password for all my online accounts! How dumb I can be! Haha!

Have a great weekend Nonnie!

Anonymous said...

an ex-gf of mine shared her password with a previous bf.. now, the msn account is hacked and it comes online once in awhile when obscene messages.. hehe..

Anonymous said...

haha...my passwords...at most i have 5 possibilities lah...if it is not this one, then i have 4 other possibilities....also like how 顺 your fingers type lah....sometimes i just type my password without thinking if it's right or not...biasa already...haha (and if the error msg pops up baru i think lah hehe)


Jason: Scary eh...IS found ur list of passwords...^_^

Anonymous said...

i'd never share. y does anyone need to be reading my emails anyway. :o

Error Q said...

eh.. none of my ex asked for it.. and i din ask their too..

same as u, used to use someone's name or birthdate as password.. haa.. :P

eh.. yalor, too much ojipala account, better standardize all the username n password.. haaa.. easier to remember.. old liaw old liaw...

Nonnie King said...

IngSiang : Haha, so did you hacked into Jason's account?

* * *

Teddy : I do know someone who's using his name as password though, and after years..he's still using it!

Let me guess, your password will be like those

Ted123ilb (Teddy, Last 3 number from IC, ilb = i love blogging)

Nonnie King said...

Rebbe : WHere have you been? Long time no see.

And... wah lau.. this is what I call SABOTAGE!

* * *

Roxine : I never thought of having a password combination just by typing the keys in a "Soon shou".

Very cool leh.

Nonnie King said...

Metty : Ya.. what you say make sense. But, not applicable for my bf, he needs a mailbox cleaner to delete his spams.

* * *

Karen : A lor. Really old liao. The brain cannot remember so many ojipala password. If hilang lagi teruk.

IngSiang said...

No, I am so angelic. @_@

War186 said...

I know most of Boon's passwords. He knows only one of mine. I'd tell him the rest if he asked but he never has. He gave me his passwords without me asking though. *shrugs*

Paupau said...

i don't exchange passwords,but it's strange that there still have friends giving me their passwords to check their things..[i'm such a trustworthy ppl..lolz..=p]

for me,i have 2 passwords,but nobody can figure out them.it's not my name nor anyone name,it's not numbers,like ic or birthdate,but it's actually a food name.so if anyone wanna try hacking my things,they gonna be pulling their hairs like mad people..hehehe..