Thursday, October 26, 2006

New layout. 26.10.2006

In case you didn't notice, I've changed my blog's skin.
(Impossible tak nampak lah, isn't it a bit too obvious?)

I've been trying to find one that I fall for from the first sight, simple and nice. Wide blog space and no flashy stuffs. And there, *ta da* found it!

I like this new one. Feels calm and peaceful.
Suits my blog title "Spiritual Garden" isn't it?

Why Green? Abundant in nature, green signifies growth, renewal, health, and environment. And... one of the reason that I feel something special for green is because, my name. Chinese name to be precise.

My Chinese name is Siaw Chin, pronounce as "Xiao Qing" in hanyupinyin.
Xiao - Small in Chinese
Qing - (Please.. not this 青 or 清. It's this 钦) Hard to explain what does it means..

The word "Chin" has the same pronouciation as "Green" in Chinese, somehow.. combining "Siaw" and "Chin", it kinda gives a meaning of "Small Green", or "Greenie", or ... something like that lah. So, now you know why.

But! Green is not my favorite colour!
In fact, I don't have a favorite colour. Please remember that, I don't want end up receiving Green-dolls, shirts, pants, hair clip, belt, photo frame, nail polish and so on for my birthday.

Back to my blog...
But behind every itchy hands, there's a price to pay.. Due to the reason that I've upgraded my blog template earlier on, the html codings were not in full.. So I have to redo all the links at the sidebar , tagboard and so on..

Lucky I'd learnt a bit of HTML back in my diploma days...

One important thing, if I haven't link you yet, (yes you! The 'you' marah-marah now complaining your precious link in my blog hilang, thinking that I don't "friend" you anymore, or.. feel sad and sobbing now), please let me know. I'll add you back.

I'd tried my best to remember all the links that I made previously.. so, just in case I did left some out, please please please don't keep it in your heart. Tell me.

And yah, nice or not my new layout?

15 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmm... better view, load faster, easy to read... great!

Anonymous said...

aisehhhhhh not bad arrrr me likey

Anonymous said...

Keep this! It matches your name and your blog's name too! at least not pinky pinky, too girlish and typical i guess?? =x

Iwan said...

Nonnie,
i already said to u in MSN...

I LOVED your new layout!!!

Hahahahaa!!!

Blueheeler - the hound who sniffs out fishy news said...

yah lor, the 'green' words are a little too green leh...

how's you b/day preparation?

Nonnie King said...

Kenny : =^_^= Thanks.

Maurina : Of course lah~ Must have beautiful "skin" mah.

Kelly : A lo. This skin is unique and suits me more.

Nonnie King said...

Iwan : Opps. I forgot to mention that you're the first to praise my new layout!

Danny : Green word kan have to be Green?

My birthday preparation ah.. in Chinese there's a saying called "Ten Stroke also don't have one"
Not yet oh, still thinking how to celebrate.. Any idea?

Anonymous said...

very nice and sleek!

one prob. maybe its a perfectionist's complaint. the font of ur blog title. that's it!

the rest is perfect! not too green wah!

Nonnie King said...

Jason : I'll try to see if I can do anything about it. Thanks for the comment.

Anonymous said...

Great, simple, natural with no artificial pink colour and a more calmer spiritual feel.

Nonnie King said...

Hehe. You prefer this too Bi? You know.. weekend without you is like Sushi without wasabi.. Incomplete.

Paupau said...

simple and nice.perfect layout.but i agree with jason though..your blog title kinda too simple jor..try modify and see..^^!the rest is ei okay..=)!

Error Q said...

yeah har.. new layout, new life?~~

totally agree with kenny ng, better view, load faster n easy to read~ hehhehe..

and 钦是恭敬的意思,然而也用来形容在封建时代,皇帝亲自所做的事或物,如钦命,钦差,钦赐。(i dunno how to translate in english.. hehe.. :P)

Nonnie King said...

Pauline : If later modify, then not simple anymore liao wor. I scare become Christmas tree later bah.

Karen : Hehehe. Because I've taken out flashy stuffs so it load faster lor. If add ojipala things again.. load till next year also haven't load finish.

I love your explaination for my name.. kan, very hard to explain it in English.

uglyfatchick (Chicky) said...

it's very nice! :) very simple and easy to read!