Monday, October 16, 2006

The "B" Word

Rant: If you wonder why people are treating you this way, have a second thought and ask yourself how you treated others first.
_____________________________________
B for BABY!

On last Saturday
, while I was attending the boring wedding dinner, my phone rang. It's my SMS alert.

"King, I just gave birth to a baby boy justnow at 6.30pm. Now at room xxx"

This is a promise I made Orange to make. Right after she recovered, and pushed out from the labor room, got the energy to sms, I want to be the first she told. Hehehe.

Orange
is one of my bestest Chinese schoolmates back in ITB. She's in business stream whereas I'm in my CIS (Computing & Information Systems) department. Coincidentally, we had our work attachment in the same bank for six months too. Thus developing the thick friendship.

She's only 9 months elder than me.. but ... but.. aiyoyoo.. now she's already officially a mother of TWO (2!), and me.. not even close to get married yet.

TWO : NIL !
(Orange) (King)

Ngaiteee.....

Here, let me introduce the 2 days old baby boy, JunHou. (I hope I get the spelling right)



Ah... I know what you are thinking now. New born babies all look the same one.
- Soft
- Small
- Red & Dark

Sometimes I wonder.. How come those aunties can say ...
"Aiyo~ Look at this handsome/pretty girl. The eyes look like mother, nose like father.. Ear like Gong-Gong, mouth like Po-Po"

Wah seh! Got Superman's or Cyclops's laser eyes? Steady also.
(Can you sense the sarcasm there?)

* * *

It's pretty cute and funny. Orange named her first baby girl after the female lead character from the Taiwan Idol Drama, Lavender... 雨薰.

And now this baby boy, she named it after the male lead character's name from the drama "Prince become Frog", 军昊.

Cool?


She's lack of confidence now thinking that she looks like a bloated-balloon, unattractive and fat. So, you better says she's pretty if not I come and tumbuk you.

Orange looked really cute when she's pregnant, big round tummy and walking around like Penguin! I always felt like I'm her big sister because I nag her when she drank cold stuffs or eat unhealthy food.

She often prepares me about taking the role of wife and mother. But most of the times, after hearing what she says, I'll get extra tense and worried more nya...

Especially after the day when I hear another friend telling me her progress of giving birth, when the doctor took a pair of scissors and "cut" open... you know where...

WAH.LAU. *sweat* My whole body shrugs and involuntarily roll myself up into a ball.

One word.... SCARY!


Babies are cute when they're sleeping and/or they belong to someone else... what I think for the moment. I'm certainly not prepared to be a mother yet obviously.

Poo-Poo, pee-pee, saliva, crying, tantrums... err... Bye bye.

(That's when my mum comes into the picture and start 'lecturing' me about how nobel and great are mothers.. Children must be filial and nice to their mum. Yes mum, I know you're the greatest mum in the whole wide world and I love you..)


Don't worry, I always think that only by having a baby, a woman's life is complete. So, I'll for sure have mine soon... ok.. not so soon but the day will come. And also, I want to make sure I can give my baby what's best for him/her.

有云,不孝有三,无后为大。我可担当不起这罪名.

(Translation: Not having any children is the biggest sin of not being filial. I tak sanggup tanggung this kesalahan eh)

Ok, enough rubbish. Here, take a look at the room.


Me: How come you stay in this room and not those bed in the normal wad?

Orange: You don't know.. the beds are full. So many pregnant ladies laboring soon.. I have no choice... B$150.00 ah!

Me: Wo! Bah... Must make full use of your time spending here.

The room is big, got dining table, a set of sofa, coffee table, TV and washroom (with bath tub, shower, basin, mirror and of course toilet bowl lah)

Steady.. really like hotel room you know.

I was happy to see Eshyn, Orange's eldest daughter. But she wasn't quite in a good mood, ignoring her mummy and everyone else. Maybe she's jealous of her baby brother.. seeing all the attentions drawn to him kua? Nevermind, she just needs some time I think.


Hehe. Theen was really curious about the whole baby thing. You know, she's really like those Goldfish-aunty, when she saw cute-cute babies, she'll take her camera phone out and snap pictures..making the parents worry that she'll kidnapped their baby like that.

(For those who don't understand the term Goldfish uncle/auntie, it's a name Chinese use to label those pien-tai paedophile)


Everytime she goes like, "King ah. You see you see, so cute the baby!"

I go like, "Cute ah? Go and "make" one yourself lah.. See your saliva drip till my floor wet already. Go Go Go, go take tissue paper and wipe yourself up"

Apparently, our 1hr stay in the hospital taught us quite a lot.. There's so damn many things we didn't know. But too bad, I don't think Brunei offer pre-Mummy course, teaching you how to bath, feed, change diapers, baju, clean poo-poo and pee-pee..

Wu.... I want to be a mother too. By the time I kasian-ly bring my baby to kindergarten, Orange's babies already in college liao lor.. And she's a young gorgeous mummy whom everyone says "Wah... your daughter ah? I thought your younger sister leh~".

Me leh.. like over-age mummy liao, carring my son's Power Ranger school bag, hanging the Tupperware water bottle around my neck fetching him from school.. Obasan!

* * * * * * * * * * *

Here's a little joke that happened to my mum yesterday.

I asked my mum to help 3 of us take a picture. I passed her my camera and you guess what she do?

She hold the camera real close to her face, and like moving the camera in-front of her face here and there...

-__-?

Then I say, "Ma ah? You trying to look for the focus hole hah? HAHAHHAHAHAHA! This one don't have lah... You look at the screen can already."

Really ah.. My mum very funny one. She doesn't even know how to use mobile, not even picking or dialling a number. What's more to say computer. At least, she knows how to switch on the TV and watch channels on Astro. If that one also don't know, I really vomit blood.

p/s: Planning to get the B-mobile ,B$99 3G phone + line and force my mum to use it. Because it's really hard to find her when she's not at home.. Yes.. pathetically, my 53 yrs old mum actually has more outings and functions than her coming 23 yrs old young and cute daughters..

Sigh...

Here, the picture my mum took.
Got skill?

If you're wondering.. yes.. This pic is taken infront of Baiduri Bank, Kiulap branch when goldfish Theen want to "tut" money.

22 comments:

Horny Ang Moh said...

HA! HA! SO CUTE NEWBORN BABY & SMELL NICE 2. SO U BETTER HURRY UP. YOUNG MOTHER GIVE BIRTH EASIER. BTW MISS NONNIE BESIDE 'FATTER' BODY & OF COURSE BIG TUMMY, U FORGOT 2 MENTION SOMETHING ELSE ALSO GOT 'BIG'. INCREASE FROM 34'TO MAYBE 38' TO PRODUCT ENOUGHT FOOD 4 THE NEW BORN BABY & THIS IS THE BEST FOOD 4 THE BABY.HE! HE! HAVE A NICE DAY.

Nonnie King said...

Horny Ang Moh : War says after she reads your comment, she no mood to comment already...

Steady ah you.. Like this you also can think of

IngSiang said...

what camera u use? Mine is a patheric COMPACT camera, Sony DMC-M1, sigh. =( I want a digital SLR! =S

Anyway, ur mum take gud pics oo. =)

I heard alot about givin birth(despite the fact that I am a guy), and yes, they 'cut' it slightly if 'it' is too small, lol.

Nice names for her kids, haha, I want to name my kid after my favourite three kingdom(san guo) general! =)

Btw, you're an ITB-ian? Wao! =)

Anonymous said...

i find it weird too on how they say babies features look like the mom or the dad...i kenot even tell one baby from another...hehhee..only child mah..my expose to babies are like nil..hehehe..im not even gonna read what horny ang moh said...*lalalalla*

Nonnie King said...

Rebbe : I never know RIPAS has such nice rooms too, till I see it myself.

Ing Siang : Mine is only an ordinary Lumix FX8. Sigh.. But I don't think I'll get a SLR because.. very inconvenience for ladies to bring out. Bag also have to buy bigger.

Wah seh, then your children will be "Liu Bei", "Kuan Yu" and "Chao Chao" lor. What's your surname first?

I'm an ex-ITB-ian~ Graduated last 2005.

Dee : Exactly, babies look all same too me. If not, they won't have name tags on their lil feet kan. Good thing you're not affected by horny angmoh's comment.

Iwan said...

Alamak Nonnie,
The baby is cutte seh...

I tink ur baby will be more cuter kan???
Muahahahaha!!!

I also loved babies but i cant stand them when they cry lei.. its like a pain to the ears..

But ultimately, i love them lah...

Nonnie King said...

Iwan : Sometimes I get worried that my baby will look like me, small eyes, chubby face, and dark complexion.. NOT CUTE!

Ummu Ummati said...

My bestfriend who's studying medicine said new born babies look like red tomatoes.

Eh eh, Miss King, in Islam har, we believe that when a mother gives birth to a child, her sins will be forgiven by God.

And everytime she breast-feed the baby, for every drop her child drinks, her sins will also be forgiven.

Maybe that's why people gave birth so many times. Too much sinning.

LOL. I kidding.

Motherhood is a wonderful blessed career. =)

Unknown said...

the baby soooooooooooooo cute.

about the digital SLR camera, i still prefer to use the view finder than the LCD screen. SLR is design to use the view finder for better handling and better angle view.

Nonnie King said...

Ness : Thanks for sharing me the fun knowledge.

Know what, after reading your comment, I have this naughty image in my brain..

Husband: Comon, let's make baby so you can breastfeed and God will forgive your sins.

* * *

Kenny : Oh yah. That hole is call "View Finder". I go and named it "Focus Hole" lagi. Malu me.

* * *

Rebbe : Shocking leh? I wouldn't believe it too if I don't see it myself.

Horny Ang Moh said...

GOOG MORNING MISS NONNIE, I FORGOT TO SEND CONGRATUATION 2 UR FRIEND. NOW I AM SURE VERY HAPPY ONE GIRL ONE BOY.....UNLIKE MINE COLL NOW ALREADY 3 KIDS....ALL GIRLS. OH, NEVER MIND GIRLS ALSO GOOD. I SAY NEXT TIMES WHEN THEY GET MARRY SHE WILL HAVE 'PORK LEG'. HAVE A NICE DAY.

Ummu Ummati said...

Rebbe: Lai, that was in RIPAS long time ago. Masa my grandafather kena tahan donkey years ago, we had that same room.

Well with 17 kids+ their spouses+ 70++grandchildren+(idunno)great-grandchildren,
you kinda need a big room. LOL.

Nonnie: LOL. Weeiii..if husband and wife make love also their sins are forgiven.

It's more like "Hey Husband, lets make love so YOUR sins can be forgiven."

Hahahahhahah.

Nonnie King said...

Horny Ang Moh : Girls not good meh? At least more sayang family. If boys ah, surely listen to girlfriend/wife next time one. And also, cannot dress up like princess.

Ness : Oh my.. So big eh your family + unknown relatives. Can have family gathering already. If you guys don't get the big room, the whole wad kana bombarded.

Hhahahaa. *wink wink*. Next time I hint my husband like that,

"Hubby, I did something wrong today, can I have my sins forgiven tonight?

Ummu Ummati said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!

That also can. Cheeky one lah you, Miss King!

BaBy JeE said...

hmmmmmmm.... I sense... nonnie's baby on the way... kekek JK larks... ehhehehe...

hmmm but your friend is really young tho... anyway, like you said, when her baby grows up, she will be that hot mom everyone envys...

Nonnie King said...

Ness : *Trying to hide my cheekiness* Don't say like that lah. I malu.

I have to protect my teacher image wah.

Jee : Haha. My baby on the way? I haven't place my order from the stork yet bor.

Ya lo. Pros and Cons being a young mum.

War186 said...

I used to be in ITB too. Same batch as Boon supposedly. Boon graduated March this year. I didn't finish ITB 'cause I went to UBD. Hehe. But it was fortunate that I met Boon at ITB again lah. :D

War186 said...

Nah, forgot what I wanted to comment last time.

Orange looks pretty post-pregnancy still. Young mothers are cool. Especially when their daughters are mistaken for their sisters hehe.

Cute lah your mom. My own used to look for the focus hole too but then with much practice she knows now there's no need hehe. :D Btw, the picture your mom took turned out rather nice. Centred again.

Nonnie King said...

War186 : What to do, my mum a bit kampong one. I was surprised that she took the picture quite nice too.

I wish I can be a young mum too.. but nah... it's be like a kid bringing up a younger kid.
I don't think I'm mature enough at this current stage.

LuUeE said...

hahha.. Yep, Nonnie, when there are CUTE BABIES THAT look like NOnnie, there is always LuUeE who is a big baby.

I always wonder yep, all babies born equal but yet when grow up already, some are bad, notti, pretty handsome. .and so on and so on.. etc.. =p

Nonnie King said...

Luuee :
Nonnie = Cute Baby
Luuee = Big Baby
Bobby leh?

Babies grow up differently due to the reason the ways their parents educate and feed them.

Anonymous said...

An intеresting discussion is definitely ωorth cοmment.

I do thinκ that you shoulԁ publish morе on this subјеct
mаtter, it might not be a taboo subject but generаlly folκs
don't talk about these topics. To the next! Many thanks!!
Feel free to visit my webpage : iphone Repair