Monday, September 11, 2006

My Collections

Some like to collect designer's bag.
Some like to collect branded watch.
Some like to collect prepaid cards (Easi Cards, Digi Cards, what-so-ever cards)
Some like to collect cosmetics and perfumes.
Some like to collect lovers (Boyfriends/ Girlfriends/ Mistress/ One-night stand)
Some just collect DUST and SPIDER WEBS.

Just kidding~ ^(oo)^

Remember those compositions that we all wrote about "My Hobby" or "Kegemaran Saya"? I used to fake it. I bullsh*t that my hobby is collecting stamps.. bla bla bla bla..

My real hobby is collecting CASH!!!$.$

(Isn't that everyone's too?)

But seriously, there’s something I’ve been collecting since primary..

It comes in various types of colours, shape and size, it’s made out of rubber.. Mmm huh..

Don’t you go guess that I’m a condom collector ah!

I collect.. ERASERS..
(used to called it “Laa-Ber” when I was a kid)

Not those square square, white white STAEDTLER Eraser. Nor those laa-ber that school canteen sell, like this..

These laa-bers erasers give me nightmares.. I ever rub my homework till the exercise book koyak (torn) and I have to redo it.


I collect 3D one. Like this

My collections















Lastly, my favorite of all time!

(Please click to enlarge.. Please Please Please
It's really something!)


Cool? I swear they are all real erasers.

Normally when I show my erasers to my (ex and present) boyfriends, they looked astonised. Not much of my friends had seen this except a few really good one.. I think it's a bit embarassing.
(A 23 yrs old collecting colorful erasers.. you sure it doesn't sound funny?)

How did I started? Thanks to my mum, whenever she went shopping, as long as she sees any funny or chalie stationery, she'll buy it. (That's one good advantage being the only child, folks only has one child to spend money on so normally they'll be a bit generous). As times goes by, one day I came to realise that I already have a box of it.

My collection is not complete yet. I want SUSHI ERASERS! Anyone wanna buy it for my birthday? It's cheaper than those what I listed in my birthday wish list tho.

Consider about it.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats a cool collection of erasers.. i used to collect those erasers with flags on them.. but your is very impressive.. :)

Ummu Ummati said...

WOW! NONNIE!! CUTE!!! Your erasers, I mean. But you also cute. Hahaha.

Waaahhh..next time har, if i see unique erasers I get for you laar..make your collection international :D

I LIKE!! I collect notebooks. But that's not so impressive as yours.

Notebooks are boring.

And expensive. Lol.

Iwan said...

Wah!!!!! I am impressed by your laber collections!!! Muahahahahahaha!!
Btw, during my younger days, i usedthe laber to play fighting with my clasmates.. if my laber toppled onto his, then i win his laber... Muahahahahaahaha!!! Anyway, your eraser collections is damn marvelous lor....

Anonymous said...

hahaha.. Nonnie, Looks like we in the same Boat. I LOVE $$. I mostly collect $$. But sometimes, i collect the mc donalds stuff. Coz, when i feel hungry can smell the whole box. ah.. So nice the smell. Jk jk. mwahaha..

Nonnie King said...

Roy : Boys willbe boys.
Cars > Erasers

R&L : Thanks :) I used to have those erasers with flags on them too.. But I'd used them all.

Ness : I LOVE to shop in stationary shops/ departments! Notebooks, sharpeners, cute pencils.. everything.. Can stay there for quite long time like orang sakai. . I like notebooks too.. but sikit-sikit mahal and it takes up a lot of spaces bah. Erasers are cheaper and smaller in size

Nonnie King said...

Iwan : Thank you thank you. Kids are still playing the game of Laber topping, but during my time, the guys play guli and "phap" the mini-size Thundercats or Transformer paper poker cards.

(You know what am I saying ka?)

Luuee : Mc Donald stuffs so hard to collect, come out then terus finish liao. How to fight with kids? Still $$ is better, can keep the value.

^(oo)^

Anonymous said...

woa..what a collection!my town never sell those kind of erasers,so i didn't collect them.but instead i collect keychains..hehe..

Unknown said...

I'm speechless, dunno wat to say, u can open a gift shop oledi...

Nonnie King said...

De Pianist : Come to think of it.. Now I feel weird that how come my small town sells all this funny things.. I bought them all in Brunei one. Especially in those $1.80 shops.

Kenny : Still got long long way to open shop lah, I'm not even satisfied with what I have now. And.. I don't think I wanna sell them also.

Rene ♥ said...

OMFG! ur erasers are so damn cute lar! i like the pink toilet bowl! hahahaha


I WANT ALL UR ERASERS! :D

BaBy JeE said...

Eee... so Cute... I used to do that when I was a kid until one day, my baby sister took all of them to school and they never come back~!!!

Nonnie King said...

Serene : You want the pink toilet bowl? Warn you, it can't be flushed tho, cannot poo-poo inside.

Jee : I never have baby sister or brother to fight for toys.. Don't know whether I should consider it as lucky or unlucky.

Anonymous said...

Collect money??? ~~0_o i can feel the pressure already evendo we r not married yet....*note to myself, i must hide my monthly pay away from u next time ;p

Anonymous said...

Look at those collections!!!! O.O" *pengsan*

Nonnie King said...

Bobby : Try and Die!

Cindy : Wait.. I call ambulance for you first.

Anonymous said...

hahaha.. Nonnie, I don care, I want my mc donald's collectable. Or else.

kathye said...

I'm a 52 year old eraser collector and have been collecting for about 10 years and have probably 600 or so. I only like the ones that are 3D or the color is blended throughout - not painted on. I know the Oriental market is the best bt I pride myself on the most from the non-Oriental market. If interested, I can show pictures. Anyone interested?

kathye said...

I'm a 52 year old eraser collector and have been collecting for about 10 years and have probably 600 or so. I only like the ones that are 3D or the color is blended throughout - not painted on. I know the Oriental market is the best bt I pride myself on the most from the non-Oriental market. If interested, I can show pictures. Anyone interested?

kathye said...

I'm a 52 year old eraser collector and have been collecting for about 10 years and have probably 600 or so. I only like the ones that are 3D or the color is blended throughout - not painted on. I know the Oriental market is the best bt I pride myself on the most from the non-Oriental market. If interested, I can show pictures. Anyone interested?

Working for Yourself - The Truth said...

I am also a collector and have my own online shop selling erasers, you should check it out - www.vintageartyfarty.com.au

Anonymous said...

Love the collection! And have a couple of cute ones myself, but not a collection. But...... question, I have some old pencils with dry erasers - like 50 years of sitting unused. How do you make them useable again? Thanks! Keith at krjones@arn.net

Anonymous said...

LOVE YOUR COLLECTION!!!! I TOO AM AN ERASER COLLECTOR, AND EVEN OLDER THAN YOU HA HA. DON'T BE EMBARRASSED, PROCLAIM IT PROUDLY. IT MAKES US UNIQUE. IF YOU WANNA SEE MY COLLECTION (ABOUT 12,000 NOW), MOST OF IT IS ON ERASERNUT.WEEBLY.COM.

KEEP COLLECTING!
MICKI

tania zulzagles said...

I have 505 so far n most of your collections I have except the toilet bowl n the bulb.