Sunday, August 13, 2006

Weekend: 12 August 2006

Because I was lazy to drive, I sort of trick Bobby to come all the way down from BSB picking me up from Seria... Distance? Mm.. About 80km~ Haha. Just one hour ride mah. What are boyfriend for? To be our driver/ shopper/ cockcroach killer/ mechanic/ plumber/ coolie / ....~ Agree? Nyek nyek. Oh..btw.. just to let you all know, I'm not afraid of cockcroach.. I'm the one who save Bobby from it. I'm the Heroin!

Back to the topic. So, Bobby and I decided to try out the new Japanese restaurant, Sushi Tei, go watch "Click" and jalan-jalan in Gadong... cos I miss BSB whole lot.. *Sniffs*

On the way up BSB

Traffic... at the highway, which is so rare... So, we predicted there was a car accident ahead. But it seems kinda serious seeing Bomba(s) around a lot car parking at the road side kaypo-ing helping.Yeah. The accident was real bad. I think there were two (2) lamp posts kana langgar and were taken down. Thought there was only 2 cars involving in it.. but till we went further.. it was a lot more worse than what we imagine.

A Blue Lexus Dunno-what-model and a Altezza. It freaks me out when I saw how the Altezza was badly damaged , practically, the whole front part looked... Gone!

I didn't took any pictures cos I was scared, and worried about the drivers. Just pray to God that they're all fine.

Dear all drivers, please remember the saying "Better Late Than Never"! Drive safely. You have your families so do others.

Ok.. Reached BSB. First stop... Sushi Tei!

It looks quite nice.. the renovation and environment...


We didn't make any reservations so we just wait there and I took some pictures.

Bobby says he likes this one.. The ladies looked like they wanna fight like that.


Finally, after 5 minutes of waiting. We have our table.

Sushi Tei's menu

Honestly speaking, I think that Excapade offers more varieties and choices. And, the portion is bigger over there too. As for the price, they're more or less the same.


Shake. Our favourite. Can't help comparing the size.

Uni Nigiri !

I'm been craving for Uni for such a long long time. All because I see too much of those Tawain TV program showing the faces of those hosts saying how delicious is Uni. And it's only B$4.00 on the menu. Of course must order and try lah.

If you don't know what Uni is..

Ans: Sea Urchin


How does it taste like?

According to this blog,
the best uni ever is when it tastes like the sea, reminds you of swimming in the ocean.

My Uni taste like longkang-cui (water from drain) and remind me of water in toilet bowl. Haha. Just kidding~ It doesn't taste that bad lah. But, I'm not saying that it's delicious. Rate 4/10 lah.

But I'll still order it if another Japanese restaurant has it on their menu. Just to confirm is it me or the Uni is not fresh.

The restaurant is still very new.. So I forgive them for serving the food real slow. And the customer service for the waiters and waitress still needs improvements, and I think they're not even familiar with their own menu.


That's Bobby waiting for his Grill Salmon Bento.
I had already finished my Unagi Don

Of course, I was sweet and did share my food with him lah. I was eating and he's kaypo-ing about the family who sat behind us.

The woman, mother of 4 complained to the waiter when they served their tempuras or sushi.. I can't remember.

"You giving me this? This does not look anything like the one shows in the menu! The portion is so much smaller. You better go check it with your chef!"

I took my handphone out and text Bobby, "Will you feel embarassed if I was like the woman?"

I bet any man will.

Then we saw a couple leaving the restaurant. They sat down the table less than 10mins!

Bobby: I think they're going to Excapade.
Me: Maybe?

Bobby's food was still not served yet. And he can feel he's getting gastric pain soon.

Bobby: Excuse me, justnow we order the.. the grill salmon bento, it hasn't come yet. If they haven't make it yet, I wanna cancel the order.
Waitress: Ok sir. I'll check for you.

Waitress left our table.

Nonnie: Haiyoo.. You say like that surely she'll says your food in on the way liao lah. Mana they want you to cancel order.

After 5 mins...

Waitress: Sir, your salmon sashimi is coming.
Me: Ha? What? Sashimi?

We wanted to correct her but she walked away before we gave any response. Sai!

And.. She really hold a plate of Salmon Sashimi and serve us later.

Bobby: Sorry, but we ordered the Grill Salmon Bento, not this.
Waitress: I'm sorry sir. Bento sets only available for lunch.
Bobby: Oh. Then cancel the order then and give us the bill please.
Waitress: I'm so sorry sir.

Kanasai
.. Why when we order she didn't tell us that it's not available leh? Don't they check the orders?

We foot the bill and left. Like Bobby says, no next time.. Till someone says they've improved their food and services.

Our movie starts at 9.35pm, when we left the restaurant it was only 8.00pm. We wander around the mall.. And I saw this.

Nice?

The stickers each is B$5.00 and if you want the shop keepers to do it for you, labour charge another B$5.00. Cheaper than Miri leh.

I choose this.


So "Spiritual Garden" isn't it?

Just look at my mobile phone. Scratch here scratch there. I'm very careless and always dropped it. Not like some girls who actually to "Bao-Bei" their phone and buy a cover. I find it very ma-fan (troublesome) when the phone rings and you have to go open the cover and answer.. Not convenient at all.


Sigh.. Still using my 3.5years old Nokia 7250i. Mobile phone for my Birthday? Anyone? Just kidding lah. I'll get a new one myself when I got my pay...

In the end.. no jadi. Cos the guy says my phone is black colour and the sticker is transparent.. If I stick it, I won't be seeing anything also. Ok lor.. save me B$10.00.

Bobby and I were so damn "wu-liau" (bored) that we actually sat down the bench and looked at people passing by and guess their relations.

Me: Married couples.
Bobby: No lah.. Brother and Sister. They don't hold hand one.
Me: Aiyah.. Married couples also don't hold hands if they sien each other liao mah.
Me: Nah this one.. couple in progress.. The guy wanna "kau" the girl.
Bobby: I think the girl look more desperate eh.

We only sat there for 15mins then we decided that we're going to Swenson and get some icecreams..


Yeah.. we're so damn boring..

Finally, 9.35pm! Movie time~

To you all, Click is damn good and it makes me cry. A must see movie!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

"Click' for me a very funny movie....
well you have very good time there...

Unknown said...

Luckily I taken my meal before I read it... if not sure more hungry... 'Click' is a good movie... quite touching in the end.

Anonymous said...

i second your statement regarding the sea urchin sushi tasting like longkang water. It has an acquired taste, that did not drown well with Japanese tea. I would have loved to order other drinks but since its a new eatery no other drinks was available to neutralize the longkang taste in my mouth

Nonnie King said...

Oh... so its the tea then~